Timetable: June 5 - June 20 Mon, Tue & Thu 17:00–19:30.
A (voluntary) exam on the last lesson.
Place: Online (Zoom)
Course content: The course is designed for studying Ukrainian as a foreign language at elementary level A1. Dialogues and conversation topics of this course are alive, conveying modern colloquial language. Situations and dialogues reflect a lively spoken modern Ukrainian language, stimulate listeners to master the norms of spoken language and develop communication skills.
The course combines both group work and independent work. Students will overcome the language barrier with the help of communication in a group, role-playing games, conversations on the proposed situations, grammatical explanations. Homework may involve learning new words and grammatical structures.
Course objectives: On completion of the course, students are expected to
• be able to ask and answer simple questions about self, their immediate needs, and familiar topics
• be able to introduce themselves, including information about who they are and where they live, as well as information about their interests and feelings
• be able to recognize familiar words from slow speech
• understand the main idea and some details of short written texts written in Ukrainian
• understand a little about Ukrainian culture and manners
Course materials: Provided by teacher
Language of instruction: Ukrainian and English
Base level: -
Teacher: Iia Shaina
Duration: 24 lessons